[ODE] Joint Naming

Adam Moravanszky [NovodeX] adam.moravanszky at novodex.com
Mon Nov 4 14:22:02 2002

> > We also have joints called sliders, with circular shafts [....]
>
> So long as we're talking about naming, how about "cylindrical joint" for
> those?

Perhaps -- I like it because it describes a shape like 'spherical' and
'prismatic' do.  I'd have to ask someone with a robotics background what the
'official' term is.  Not that I insist on using those -- sometimes they are
confusing to novices: For example "prismatic" isn't exactly intuitive:  most
people will think of optics when they hear that.  We still use it to avoid
ambiguity.

--  Adam