[ODE] Joint Naming

Nate W coding at natew.com
Mon Nov 4 13:38:02 2002

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, Adam Moravanszky [Novodex] wrote:

> The joint has a circular shaft, which makes one think that rotation
> around the shaft may be possible. [.....] We call such a joint a
> Prismatic joint, and draw it in the manual with a square shaft.

FWIW, I feel the same way.  I use the "prismatic" term in the XML
generated by Juice.  It's called "slider" in the UI, but I think that was
a mistake, as the term is ambiguous.

> We also have joints called sliders, with circular shafts [....]

So long as we're talking about naming, how about "cylindrical joint" for


Nate Waddoups
Redmond WA USA