[ODE] trouble compiling: msvc makefile

Ed Jones ed.jones at oracle.com
Mon May 20 07:39:02 2002

Hi,

I managed to get ODE to compile fine under MSVC 6 without changing any
of the makefiles or anything complicated like that;
- I assume you're using the make exe from
"http://q12.org/ode/bin/make.exe" ? (Saved to the root ode folder)
- Make sure you set the MSVC environment variables. On my system run
this command from a DOS prompt (including the quotes);
        "D:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\bin\vcvars32.bat"
- Then from the same DOS prompt in the ode root folder just run "make".
And everything just magically compiles. Hopefully.

Hope that helps.
Cheers,
Ed.