[ODE] trouble compiling: msvc makefile

Filipe Dias Filipe Dias" <fdias at mind.pt
Mon May 20 07:08:01 2002

Hi,  am having trouble with the makefile in instalation..  I am blaming my
troubles on my knowledge on makefiles, as I am not keen in them....

I am using Visual Studio 6, and I am having two problems in compilation: stdio.h
needs to be included from a certain path, and the libraries are not being found
by the linker..

the first time i tried runing make.exe, the error was "configurator.c, line 50
(stdio.h): no include path specified"
To solve this, I decided to include "/I c:\program files\visual studio\microsoft
bla bla\include" in the rule of makefile for the compilation of the configurator
This error disapeared, and a new one showed up: "can not something ???60.dll",
as a temporary solution I decided to copy the *60.dll and other needed dlls do
the directory where i was compiling.
And it worked, I managed to compile the configurator..  "one down, a lot more to
go!"

I then decided to look into the makefile in order to find a include path that I
would have to set so I could compile everything.  I found it, but if I try to
write something with spaces (such as "program files") makefile syntax errors
appear! If i use '"' to delimit it the same happens.

Can anyone suggest me what I have to edit in the makefile to get everything in
order?

I tryed setting the %path% variable, but with no effect..

Fil.