[ODE] Re: problem with 'make configure'

anon anon" <anon at finitemonkeys.com
Thu Mar 28 01:25:02 2002

if you install w2k after msvc ie an upgrade, or change certain settings, users roam
etc it often loses the environment variables, a quick way to add them back is to run
the vc setup and select the repair option making sure the register environment
variables is clicked

or enter them by hand as you say,

> --
>
> On Wed, 27 Mar 2002 12:01:09
>  drreagan wrote:
> >Hi
> >
> >I'm trying to create the ODE config.h configuration file in Windows 2000
> >using msvc.  I'm using the windows version of make.exe that is linked to
> >in the Open Dynamics Engine v0.035 Pre-release User Guide. I'm following
> >the installation directions to the letter, however when i type 'make
> >configure' at the command line, i get the following error message(s):
> >
> >"C:\ode\ode-0.03>make configure
> >cl /nologo /DWIN32 /DMSVC /DdDOUBLE /DdNODEBUG /Feconfigurator.exe
> >configurator.c
> >process_begin: CreateProcess((null), cl /nologo /DWIN32 /DMSVC /DdDOUBLE
> >/DdNODE
> >BUG /Feconfigurator.exe configurator.c, ...) failed.
> >make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.
> >make: *** [configurator.exe] Error 2
> >"
> >
> I had the same problem when I first started using ODE. I'm not sure, but I think the problem is that vcvars32.bat doesn't set the
path correctly. So I set the paths manually. I tried setting the path in the DOS command line, but it didn't work. So I set the path
in Windows. I think with Win2000 you can do this by going to Control Panel. I forgot where exactly, but look around for the dialog
that allows you to set the path, then use these (assuming VC6 is installed in "program files\micros~3"):

> PATH= "C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Common\msdev98\BIN";
> "C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\VC98\BIN";
> "C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Common\TOOLS";
> "c:\windows\SYSTEM";
>
> INCLUDE= C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\VC98\ATL\INCLUDE;
> C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\VC98\INCLUDE;
> C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\VC98\MFC\INCLUDE;
>
> LIB= C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\VC98\LIB;
> C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\VC98\MFC\LIB;
>

> I think the basic steps in building ODE in Windows are: Run vcvars32.bat (this didn't work, so use the steps outlined above), this
just sets the path; edit the settings in the file config/user-settings; Make a "lib" folder in the ODE directory; Type "make all"
(make sure you have make.exe);