[ODE] Re: problem with 'make configure'

ron taņeza ron.13 at lycos.com
Thu Mar 28 01:02:02 2002

--

On Wed, 27 Mar 2002 12:01:09
 drreagan wrote:
>Hi
>
>I'm trying to create the ODE config.h configuration file in Windows 2000
>using msvc.  I'm using the windows version of make.exe that is linked to
>in the Open Dynamics Engine v0.035 Pre-release User Guide. I'm following
>the installation directions to the letter, however when i type 'make
>configure' at the command line, i get the following error message(s):
>
>"C:\ode\ode-0.03>make configure
>cl /nologo /DWIN32 /DMSVC /DdDOUBLE /DdNODEBUG /Feconfigurator.exe
>configurator.c
>process_begin: CreateProcess((null), cl /nologo /DWIN32 /DMSVC /DdDOUBLE
>/DdNODE
>BUG /Feconfigurator.exe configurator.c, ...) failed.
>make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.
>make: *** [configurator.exe] Error 2
>"

I had the same problem when I first started using ODE. I'm not sure, but I think the problem is that vcvars32.bat doesn't set the path correctly. So I set the paths manually. I tried setting the path in the DOS command line, but it didn't work. So I set the path in Windows. I think with Win2000 you can do this by going to Control Panel. I forgot where exactly, but look around for the dialog that allows you to set the path, then use these (assuming VC6 is installed in "program files\micros~3"):

PATH=	"C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Common\msdev98\BIN";
	"C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\VC98\BIN";
	"C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Common\TOOLS";
	"c:\windows\SYSTEM";

INCLUDE= C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\VC98\ATL\INCLUDE;
	 C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\VC98\INCLUDE;
	 C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\VC98\MFC\INCLUDE;

LIB=	C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\VC98\LIB;
	C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\VC98\MFC\LIB;

I think the basic steps in building ODE in Windows are: Run vcvars32.bat (this didn't work, so use the steps outlined above), this just sets the path; edit the settings in the file config/user-settings; Make a "lib" folder in the ODE directory; Type "make all" (make sure you have make.exe);

I may have forgotten some other thing that needs to be done. Just mail me if it didn't work. I'll try to help.

See Dave Matthews Band live or win a signed guitar
http://r.lycos.com/r/bmgfly_mail_dmb/http://win.ipromotions.com/lycos_020201/splash.asp