[ODE] Simulation without drawing

Adam Rotaru adam_rotaru at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 11 11:19:01 2002

--- Ken M <wgold@flyingplastic.com> wrote:
> Ok, To not open the simulation window, skip
> drawstuff altogether and just
> put the ODE code into a new "main" class, and link
> to ode.lib..  Or maybe
> Russ can give you the right lines to comment out to
> keep the window from
> popping at all..  Look in "windows.cpp" or "X11.cpp"
> depending on your
> platform.

I don't think you need to link with the "windows.cpp"
or "X11.cpp"
files at all.
For a simulation without graphics, get rid of the
drawstuff
altogether -- take out the frastuff include and link
library and
remove everything which depends on it.  You need to
implement your own simulation cycle, but that is quite
simple.  It can look like this:

while (condition)
{
  collide ();
  dWorldStep (world, deltaTime);
  // remove all contact joints
  dJointGroupEmpty (contactgroup);
}

See
http://q12.org/pipermail/ode/2002-January/000833.html
in the archives for a minimal test program which
is stand-alone (no graphics).

cheers,
  --adam