Fwd: [ODE] problems with hinge2 & car steering

maddocks@metservice.com maddocks at metservice.com
Thu Jul 25 14:37:01 2002

This is correct. I use a high friction so the wheels don't spin under
power and I use dContactSlip1 | dContactSlip2 to simulate side slip or
skidding under high turning forces so the car  doesn't roll. It is still
possible to roll my car (which may be a problem with a high c of g) but
I figure it's possible to do it real life so why not in my game.

On Friday, July 26, 2002, at 02:08  AM, Sergio Valverde wrote:

> In fact, I think it's better to use the Slip1 & Slip2
> coefficients to model sliding & skidding effects than
> to reduce the friction coefficient.

"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but
when you do it blows your whole leg off." - Bjarne Stroustrup