[ODE] problems with hinge2 & car steering

Sergio Valverde svalverde at barcelona.ubisoft.es
Thu Jul 25 07:09:02 2002

Well,finally I realize that the wheel-terrain contact was
so "sharp" that precluded the car to steer "correctly"...

You were right Chris, the friction was very high. I tested
the model with lower friction coefficients and I got better
results.

In fact, I think it's better to use the Slip1 & Slip2
coefficients to model sliding & skidding effects than
to reduce the friction coefficient.

What do you think?
Sergi