[ODE] Redistributing a C++ Wrapper for ODE

Anselm Hook anselm at hook.org
Thu Jul 11 10:59:02 2002

It looks like it is licensed under both BSD and LGPL so you get to pick
which one you'd like to be bound by.  I suppose you can't pick bits and
pieces of each license but must pick one or the other.

Looking at the BSD license:

http://q12.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/ode/LICENSE-BSD.TXT?rev=1.1&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

In your source or binary distro you must include the above license.
Otherwise you can sell it, sell the source, sell the binary, add to it,
remove from it, branch it and make your own project...  make baby mulching
machines or nuclear weapons with it... or even embed it in a commercial
product without legal liability ( due to the license ).

( http://groups.google.com/groups?&q=baby+mulching+machine )

( It's nice to see the BSD license here.  The BSD license exists because
programmers have to eat too; ie - sell their work and retain IP if they
wish.  Some believe that programmers who use tools professionally tend to
be of higher caliber: paradoxically, even though there is less pressure to
contribute, whatever they do contribute is more worthwhile.  It is like
voluntary blood donations versus conscripted blood donations from a prison
population. )

 -a