[ODE] strange thing

fmdz@libertysurf.fr fmdz at libertysurf.fr
Mon Feb 18 06:17:02 2002

I had problems with openGL Performer, perhaps it may help
you:
I had to reverse my soft matrix.
i.e. invert row and lines of the 3x3 rotation matrix, and
negate each of its float values.
I don't know why (it works, i've spend a lot of time
finding the problem).
for (int i=0;i<3;i++)
for (int j=0;j<3;j++)
   ode_matrix[i][j]=-my_matrix[j][i];

position coords are OK.
Maybe it's the same kind of problem...
(I use openGL Performer (from sgi) for managing my
database (collision detection too) and displaying it, and
ODE only for computing forces, with collisions detected
with Performer)

good luck!
(by the way, forget directX and come into openGL... much
more fun and portable!)

Fred

problem: everything works
> fine unless i start the dx subsystem.
>
> if i call
> d3d->CreateDevice(D3DADAPTER_DEFAULT, D3DDEVTYPE_HAL,
window,
> D3DCREATE_SOFTWARE_VERTEXPROCESSING, &d3dpp,
&d3ddevice);

> to create a D3D device ode calculates the first steps
correct, but the
> collision response is wrong (the position of a box,
reflected by a plane is
> 1.#QNAN0 for x y and z after a collision of box and
plane)

> if i comment the createdevice call out, everything
works fine, the collision
> response seems to be ok.
>
> there are no overlapping memory blocks or other effects
in my code.