[ODE] ODE freezes, can you help?

Ivan Bolcina ivan.bolcina at volja.net
Wed Dec 18 11:55:01 2002

Hi Martin.

I think I found the bug. I looked test_chain1.cpp in examples and found this
dWorldSetGravity (world,0,0,-0.5);

I didnt have this line in my code. Everything else was completly identical.
So, after adding this line in my code, it miracely worked. It also tried to
set

dWorldSetGravity (world,0,0,0);

but then, it froze again. Could it be ode bug? I think it spent all this 5
or even more seconds in steeping the world. Some math stuff, I think.

so I finally did

dWorldSetGravity (world,0.0001f,0.0001f,0.0001f);

Now it woks fine.

One more question. I am having big trouble debuging. You, on the other hand,
seem to master this stuff. Can you please describe, which tools you use and
how.I am working with MS VS7, developing full screen directx game.Currently
I fprintf all debug messages to file and examine it lately.

thanks for help,

ivan