[ODE] simulation steps in a game

Karlsson, Henrik Henrik.Karlsson at dice.se
Wed Apr 10 00:13:02 2002

xbox, pc and ps2 mostly...

The bigger step you can take the better... as long as you can avoid wierd
behaviours or the system blowing up there is no reason to take small steps..
but I warmly recommends running the physics on constant framerate.. you can
always try to create some culling system for the physics, but thats not
easy.

Don't let your frame rate decide your physics update rate (if your framerate
is static its ok though)... this means that you don't have to run the same
amount of physics updates per frame update... as long as you keep your
physics update static..

Henrik Karlsson,
Sweden