[ODE] Updating ODE documentation (was: hello world)

nlin@nlin.net nlin at nlin.net
Tue Nov 27 17:56:02 MST 2001

> For a long time I wanted to do a physics simulator, I have read a lot of
> papers and I have done some attempts,
> but when I have to solve constrains ( axis and resting )  I go mad.
> I would like to write a paper explaining how the ODE's algorithm works in
> detail.
>  What do you think about this?

If you are serious about doing this, a good way to start would be to
flesh out the existing ODE documentation in the sections marked with
"write more here..." Also, expanding on the existing explanations (such
as the derivation of velocity-based constraint force equations, exact
details on ODE's integrator, alternative approaches to certain design
decisions made in ODE along with references to research papers) would
be very useful. A heck of a lot of work, but very useful.

Still, any additional documentation couldn't hurt. I'd be interested in
reading.

-Norman