[ODE] Tutorial on creating joints?

Russ Smith russ at q12.org
Sat Nov 3 14:33:02 MST 2001

> Would it be possible to include in the ODE documentation a short
> tutorial
> on how to create joints? After reading the Siggraph Physically Based
> Modeling notes over and over and over again, I am slowly starting to
> understand the idea of a scalar constraint function and the Lagrange
> multiplier vector lambda. However, it would be very useful to see
> exactly how to create joints in ODE. A very simple example, or a
> walk-through
> of the simplest joint in ODE would be quite instructive.

i would love to create a tutorial like this, trouble is it would
take a while to do it properly. the basic math is easy to state but
to effectively create joints there are a number "tricks" to use, or
say rather that there are a bunch of tools in the mathematical
toolbox that need to be used. so there's actually a lot to describe.

i'll add "tutorial for creating ball-and-socket joint" to the TODO
list :)

russ.

--
Russell Smith