[ODE] Make debug version on windows

Shaul Kedem shaul_kedem at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 3 00:36:01 MST 2001

Hi all,
 My name is shul and I am newbie to ODE (which means
that I am going to ask a lot of silly questions and
post stuff everybody knows).

 I am posting to show how to create (in a rude kind of
a way) a Makefile for windows (msvc 7.0... but I think
it will work on msvc 6.0 also) that creates debug
information.

 It's quite easy once you make it... simply open
buildMakefile.win32 and add: '/Z7  /D "_DEBUG"' to the
cl call in %.obj: %.cpp and in %.obj: %.c , and then
add '/DEBUG /debugtype:cv /pdb:none' in the fLINK
line.

(make sure buildMakefile.config states
'PLATFORM=win32' and 'BUILD_MODE=debug', although I am
not sure that that helps in any way ... russ?)

really dirty way of doing it, but it works.. I don't
really know the make syntax that well, so I did what
needed to create pdb info.

shul