[ODE] Re: Latest Code and MsVC

anon anon" <anon at finitemonkeys.com
Thu Dec 6 12:18:01 2001

> Looks very much compiler-specific, accepting an empty arg.
> Actually, the v0.25 code (the only one I still have) include malloc.h, which
> is ok on Windows (I needed to #include alloca.h on the SGI's). I propose an
> <ode/alloc.h> which deals with selecting the right include files based on
> platform #define's in one file.

it accepts it, it just warns you about it. i suggest "ode/alloc.h" instead which is
correct, and eases porting for those compilers that actually care about the
difference.

> Furthermore, I got it to compile with MSVC++7 (beta) without problems it
> seems, but with VC6 I get:

0.25 works well with VC with leaks, its the current CVS one that doesn't

> BTW I just created a project (.dsp) for MSVC6, instead of going through a
> makefile.

Same here, is someone going to add one to the main CVS though =)

charlie.