[ODE] Re: Latest Code and MsVC

Jens Thiele jens.thiele at student.uni-tuebingen.de
Thu Dec 6 06:20:02 2001

Ruud van Gaal wrote:

 >>Yep getting those same errors, also the lack of alloca.h
 >>under MSVC will =
 >>need a small mod to some files that include it. I get an
 >>error on the =
 >>D_ALL_PARAM_NAMES(0,) as its missing an arg.
 >>

 > Looks very much compiler-specific, accepting an empty arg.
 > Actually, the v0.25 code (the only one I still have) include
malloc.h, which
 > is ok on Windows (I needed to #include alloca.h on the SGI's). I
propose an
 > <ode/alloc.h> which deals with selecting the right include files based on
 > platform #define's in one file.
 >
 > For SGI IRIX, this will do:
 > #ifdef __sgi
 > #include <alloca.h>
 > #endif

i would suggest to use the autoconf scheme
autoconf checks if there is a alloca.h and it should be included
if so it defines
HAVE_ALLOCA_H

then the handwritten system dependent config header
has:
#ifdef HAVE_ALLOCA_H
#include ..
#endif

the point is that non autoconf platforms will only have to write a config.h
=> not 2 completely different build systems / configuration mechanisms

--
email karme@unforgettable.com
IRC   Karme