[ODE] ODE Digest, Vol 49, Issue 31

Ruud van Gaal ruud at racer.nl
Fri Sep 28 04:08:26 MST 2007

Not differing opinions, if you see the work on the warnings as 'converting
floats to dReal'. Or perhaps 'opcReal' to differentiate the 2 (although
merged) libraries.
Casts are often evil and should be avoided where possible; warnings on
implicit type conversions don't exist to annoy the programmer. ;-)

OPCODE probably stores its data as floats and that should probably remain
for performance's sake, but the warnings on type conversion should indicate
where a float should be changed into dReal.

Then later with 64-bit conversion will be much easier and with less initial
bugs.

Cheers,
Ruud