[ODE] using a different collision library

Gregor Jochmann gregor.jochmann at uni-dortmund.de
Thu Sep 27 05:59:22 MST 2007

Hi,

My project group is developing a collision detection engine (see
http://d-collide.ematia.de). We are currently
trying to use it with ODE, instead of the built-in collision code from ODE.
Having read the instructions at
http://opende.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Manual_%28Collision_Detection%29#Using_a_Different_Collision_Library,
I wrote a file that looks like this

#include <ode/ode.h>

typedef dcollide::Proxy* dGeomID;

extern "C" {
void dGeomMoved (dGeomID movedGeom) { //.... }

dGeomID dGeomGetBodyNext (dGeomID geom) { //.... }

void dGeomSetBody (dGeomID geom, dBodyID body) { //... }
}

But, of course, this produces some compiler errors. The dGeomID type has
already been declared in ode_common.h, and the function symbols are also
already existent in the ODE library.

Here is my question: Is it possible to use our own collision library without
having to modify the ODE source? Or do we need to distribute a modified
version of ODE with our project?

Greetings from Germany,
Gregor