[ODE] --enable-release not working any more?

Bram Stolk b.stolk at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 08:48:14 MST 2007

On 9/24/07, Oleh Derevenko <oder at eleks.lviv.ua> wrote:

> No, the absolutely proper thing is to not generate debug symbols for
> release
> build at all (remove -g switch) and make an option for configure script to

Ok, there was a --disable-debug flag that was broken.
Now you can build a mean lean lib with:

$ ./configure --enable-release --disable-debug

Default behavior is building with debug symbols.
Even if release is enabled.
I think this makes sense.

  bram

enable debug information if necessary.
> Without generating the symbols the build will be faster.
>
> Oleh Derevenko
> -- Yahoo ID: oleh_derevenko
> -- ICQ: 36361783

Zapp: Captain's log, stardate...er..