[ODE] Question about ODE and particle systems.

Cardinal4 cardinleejh at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 07:43:39 MST 2007

Jeremy Roberts wrote:

> In my game I need things like explosions.  These explosions emit particles
> over a short time which naturally need to collide with the geometry of the
> game.  For most I would like them (sparks and such) to bounce off of the
> walls etc..

Hi,
about the collisions, if they were small sparks like from an ember,
attaching physics to them wouldn't it seem quite taxing on the system?
Unless the explosions you were talking about also included flying debris,
otherwise it's kinda more efficient to just let the particles drift into the
walls and such.
Sry I couldn't contribute any more useful. =|

Cardin