[ODE] ODE Physics Benchmark Setup

Jon Watte (ODE) hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Fri Oct 26 10:21:08 MST 2007

WorldStep is more accurate, but takes longer on large simulations.
That's "just the way it is."
Speed or accuracy, choose one :-)
The documentation talks about how to raise the number of iterations, but
the problem is that accuracy doesn't go up enough with number of
iterations, so QuickStep will still be pretty inaccurate.
Of course, that's just the solver -- then there's the design decision
that ODE uses a first-order Euler integrator. It's designed for games,
not for serious mechanical engineering.

Cheers,

          / h+