[ODE] ode 0.9.0 good to go

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at polymtl.ca
Mon Oct 15 06:40:57 MST 2007

Hello Jason and everyone else,

> Ode.NET 0.9 is now available on SourceForge. Sorry for the delay!

I was wondering, is there an official OO binding for C++ in the works
(or does someone have something they could contribute)?

I find that for each project in which I use ODE, I try to map ODE onto
some classes but I have a hard time separating the low-level ODE stuff
from the project-specific stuff, and I also never get full (or close
to full) coverage of ODE's functionality. Also, I'm never sure it all
works until I test it out. And I think I'm not the only one in this
kind of a situation.

So I think it would be useful to have a good, well-thought-out OO
interface to ODE which could be then used in any project (for example,
using multiple inheritance or composition) and which would be
officially supported by the project, and therefore updated with ODE. I
would gladly help with testing and extending once a workable base is
done...

Is there any interest in this? Or is there something that already
exists which I have missed? It just seems weird to me that there are
official bindings for .NET but not for C++, since I would wager that
the latter language is used more often in ODE projects than the former
(though that may be changing).

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay     jean-sebastien.guay at polymtl.ca
                         http://whitestar02.webhop.org/