[ODE] what are advantages of dAMotorUser?

Krystian Ligenza kxxl at poczta.onet.pl
Mon Oct 15 02:46:40 MST 2007

Hi again,

I see that topic of amotor joint is not the interesting one for you?
I need to tune some parts of my plugin, that uses physics. I have made a
test case, a rope builded from capsule joined by universal joint. Here
is a source code:

http://www.kxl.com.pl/ODE/demo_chain1.c

(it is based on demo_chain1 so to run it simply make a copy of oryginal
file,override it, and build)
Demo work ok, but what I really need (not for the rope simulation, but
in my plugin) is:
- to have that last third axis(twist axis) possible to use (so I need
ball joint?)
- I need to have limits on all axis, but for twist they can be lower
that Pi/2 (so I need also amotor, but use it in euler or user mode? Do
they have similar results?)
- to have possibility to form shapes from this rope (by adding a torque
or using dParamVel to joints? ), so I can make it to look like L,S or V
- make it close to stable

when I will finish, I can provide this as a demo for ODE, becouse I
think it could help more then only me.

Thanks
Krystian