[ODE] Length calculation

Oleh Derevenko oder at eleks.lviv.ua
Thu Oct 11 09:47:52 MST 2007

Why? Multiplications and divisions do not introduce substantial error. At
the same time, length calculation, as seen from dNormalize3, is much more
precise after you divide by largest vector component.

Maybe you did not understand my explanation correctly? I suggest the
following:

Let V = (vx, vy, vz). Let |vx| >= |vy| and |vx| >= |vz| and vx != 0.
Then calculate |V| as |vx| * sqrt((vy/vx)^2 + (vz/vx)^2 + 1)