[ODE] Controlling object speed externally

Jon Watte (ODE) hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Wed Oct 3 11:13:38 MST 2007

Additionally, make sure you add sufficient rotational inertia dampening,
else you'll get bouncing/jittering.

The problem with the original description is that Crestez wants to use
ODE for collision response, but not for movement. Unfortunately,
collision response is the same thing as movement. Thus, it might be
better to add forces and torques to the bodies, each step, to make them
go where he wants them to go (within limits of simulated engine power).

Cheers,

          / h+