[ODE] Bike Balancing!

Jon Watte (ODE) hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Sat Nov 10 02:57:00 MST 2007

Actually, you probably want to get the rotational velocity around the
local front axis, and add a counter-torque, rather than a counter-force.
Getting the rotational velocity around various axes is fairly simple;
there are tons of accessors that transform the values into various
reference frames (including the body reference frame).

An alternative is to get the point velocity for some point (say, rider's
head), and add a counter-velocity based on the dot product between that
velocity and the ground-aligned side/right vector.

Cheers,

          / h+