[ODE] GIMPACT on amd64?

Daniel Coming D at DanielComing.com
Thu May 24 05:54:33 MST 2007

Hi Filip,

The issue lies in the hard coded
#define GUINT_BIT_COUNT 32
among other defined constants relying on 32-bit, along with
#define GINT long
#define GUINT unsigned long
Now, if you watch the configure script carefully, on your 64-bit machine
you'll notice
checking size of long int... 8
On a 32-bit machine, both int and long were 32 bit, however newer gcc
versions are
giving longs 64 bits. So, the quick fix is to change these two longs to
ints:
#define GINT int
#define GUINT unsigned int

GImpact still needs to update to 64 bit double precision, but for now, this
should run.

Cheers!
Dan

On 11/28/06, Filip Joelsson