[ODE] ODE questions

Jon Watte (ODE) hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Thu May 17 07:37:03 MST 2007

Yes, ODE has improved since 0.5. However, it was perfectly possible to
create stable solutions in ODE 0.5.

Something that most people who haven't done physics programming won't
appreciate, is that physics programming in any library is mostly about
mitigating instability, and tuning parameters to get the desired
behavior in spite of the inherent inaccuracies present in discrete
physical simulation. Getting a stable simulation on any library (ODE,
Bullet, Havok, PhysX, ...) is not a matter of just "connect and go" --
you have to apply care, tuning, and experience to make it behave well.

Cheers,

          / h+