[ODE] ray to trimesh intersection -- maybe a bug

Shamyl Zakariya shamyl at zakariya.net
Mon May 14 07:37:39 MST 2007

I've noticed that although the documentation says that using dCollide
with a ray against a geom will never create more than one contact,
I've noticed that that's only true for primitives. Ray to trimesh
creates a contact at each point the ray intersects the trimesh --
well, with OPCODE at least. I don't know about GIMPACT.

Now, this behavior is fine with me -- it actually is very useful for
what I'm doing. But I'm hoping this is not considered a "bug",
because my code is relying on it. What is the likelyhood this will be
"fixed"? Should I assume this is broken behavior and not use it?

Shamyl Zakariya
	"there is no emoticon, for what I am feeling"