[ODE] mass of collisions - imagine a brush

Patrick Enoch Hendrix_ at gmx.net
Wed May 9 03:47:37 MST 2007

Hi,

A) if you get a good solution, I would be interested, too.

B) this is how i would do it:
- have all bristles as single geoms, even worse, subdivide the bristles into several parts connected by universal joints.
- the bristles are connected to the head by a ball joint; preferably a joint that does allow rotation "to the sides", but not "twisting rotation". I have posted the "free6" joint to the list (that is capable of this), but the email has not been approved by a moderator.
- the bristles can collide among themselves, ...
- but not a single bristle with itself (lets hope they dont bend too far so self-intersection is possible)
- the joints stiffness should be possible via a motor with rotational velocity of zero and a maxforce (however, this wont make the bristle return to its original "straight" state)
- you need to determine the relative rotation of the subdivided parts of the bristle (a relative quat), and add a restoring torque. maybe this should be built into the joint itself.

best,
Patrick

-------- Original-Nachricht --------