[ODE] dBodyAddForceAtPos

LR logreg at free.fr
Sat Mar 17 07:41:56 MST 2007

When it does not work, the mass is a spere mass or a computed mass (but i don't
think it's really the problem, i certainly miss something ...).

you can see video at
http://files.marilou-roboticsstudio.com/ode/notorqueonsphere.avi (xvid, 3,2 mo):

you can see a ray witch apply force on contact point using dBodyAddForceAtPos:

Situation 1] Body with Sphere offsets = 0, joint hinge :
nothing appends when applying absolute force

Situation 2] Body with Box offsets = 0, joint hinge :
body turns around the joint axis (OK !!)

Situation 3] : Box and Sphere in a body, mass computed from sphere and box:
When ray is in contact whith sphere : nothing appends
When ray is in contact with box : the entire body rotates (OK !!)

Situation 4] : A body with sphere, mass= sphere:
Force is applyed to the sphere

The problem is the situation 1 : why does the sphere do not rotates ????? doeas
i have to add torque myself ?

Thank you for your help

LR