[ODE] Advantages of using GIMPACT

Daniel K. O. danielko.listas at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 17:53:21 MST 2007

Jason Perkins escreveu:
> On 3/16/07, Jon Watte (ODE) <hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org> wrote:
>
>> Timings we've done at work show that GIMPACT is about 20 times slower
>> than OPCODE.
>>

> Is there a reason why someone might choose gimpact over opcode? I
> thought it was supposed to be faster?!

Here trimesh vs. trimesh is very unstable on OPCODE (with both single
and double precision); dropping a bunny in demo_moving_trimesh makes it
jitter until it falls to the ground. The same happens (but less
noticeable) with trimesh vs box and trimesh vs capsule (and maybe other
combinations too, which I didn't bother to test).

With GIMPACT there's almost no jitter; the only visual effect is the
trimesh/box/capsule slowly sliding away.

PS: someone forgot to update include/ode/Makefile.am when removed
odecpp_old.h.

---
Daniel K. O.