[ODE] Question about joint

Tor ... aramboy at kittymail.com
Mon Mar 5 23:50:31 MST 2007

Hi,

Thanks for your help, maybe I misunderstand something because
I'm confusing about the anchor and axis of the hinge as follow :

1. If I initial object by attach 2 bodies  with hinge at (0, 0, 1), then I set its position to new coordinate such as

(5, 5, Z) by using dBodySetPosition. Do I need to reset new anchor to the (5, 5, 1) ?

2. If I initial object by set the axis of hinge as dJointSetHingeAxis(joint_hinge, 0, 1, 0) then I rotate the bodies around Z-Axis by using dBodySetRotation. Do I need to set the new axis for hinge ?

Are there anyway to move and rotate bodies attach by joint without the need to set new anchor and axis of hinge ?

Thanks again in advance.

PS. I donn't know how to reply thread ODE mailing list. If this message has any mistake sorry for that.

Tor ...