[ODE] dBodyGetForce returns zero force

PKS123 prashant.coder at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 02:03:54 MST 2007

Hi

I am using the dBodyGetForce() function to find out the force on a body
which is in free fall.
The function is returning a zero vector.
I noticed from the ODE Documentation that the force accumulators are set to
zero after each time step. So, I put the function both before and after the
dWorldQuickStep() function but the value was zero in both cases.

The Body has a mass of 100, and so the minimum force that I should be
getting is m*g ie. 100*9.8
But I get a zero force. Could anyone suggest what might be wrong.

Thanks and Regards
PKS123