[ODE] Threads and ODE?

Jon Watte (ODE) hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Mon Jun 18 13:40:02 MST 2007

ODE is not thread safe. You can only manipulate objects when you know
that the world collision/simulation isn't running.
ODE does not have any known bugs in memory management.
If you need to manipulate objects, then you should double-buffer the
state, and pick up any requested changes before you call collide/step
the next time in the simulation thread.

Cheers,

          / h+