[ODE] Re : Triangle Mesh Creation Time.

Jon Watte (ODE) hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Tue Jun 12 09:30:16 MST 2007

Frédéric Brachfogel wrote:
> Is that true that with the contact point array filled by the user
> function, ODE perform the dynamic physic changes on the body ? It
> really seems to be the case, but I have to be sure too.

Yes, that is how it works. There is no communication between the
collision part of ODE and the solver part of ODE, except for the contact
structure (which is an output of collision, and input of contact joint
creation).

> Moreover, in the case of a point patch (contact along surfaces), do
> the Depth be devided by the number of points in the patch ?

No. The ODE solver solves all constraints at the same time. That's one
reason why robust contact filtering (merging near-coincident contacts)
is a good idea.

Cheers,

          / h+