[ODE] Quickstep and patents

Kenneth Bodin bodin at hpc2n.umu.se
Thu Jun 7 10:09:06 MST 2007

I believe it would be an excellent move from Ageia to declare they do
not intend
to defend the rights of this rediculous patent, or to simply donate the
patent to the public
domain.
Patent on Gauss-Seidel. God help us.
I implemented rattle/shake type of iterative relaxational projection
solvers for LCP-look-a-like models
for hard core particles and constrained molecules in 1989.
So, by this email I urge the Ageia people to explain what they mean by this
patent. I'm sure there is someone out there reading this list, that can
propagate this discussion
to the right level at Ageia.

/Kenneth

--
Kenneth Bodin, VRlab/HPC2N
Umeå University, Sweden
bodin at hpc2n.umu.se

Philosophy of science is about as useful
to scientists as ornithology is to birds.
-- Richard P. Feynman