[ODE] Calculating torque?

Michael Anderson manderson at hotheadgames.com
Mon Jun 4 13:39:13 MST 2007

I am a physics newbie. To calculate the required angular velocity to achieve
a desired orientation I am doing the following: For each basis vector I
safely take the acos of the dot product between the desired and current
orientation to get the angle and the cross product to get the axis. If I add
up these resulting vectors and set the angular velocity of my body I get the
desired result, but I am not sure how take the current and desired angular
velocity and calculate a torque, any help would be greatly appreciated.