[ODE] gravitational force / unstable joints

Tobias Zimmer tozim at gmx.de
Tue Jul 31 07:15:58 MST 2007

Thank you again for the fast answer, but I am a bit confused in between!

I found this thread in the petrucci-forum:
http://ode.petrucci.ch/viewtopic.php?t=306&highlight=frames

There, akiross is calculating the following:

"forgot 0.5!

the right formulae is:
s(t)=0.5at² -> 10 = 0.5*10*1.4² ~ 9.8

So this is correct, of course ode isn't wrong"

This seems to mean that the values in the gravity-function don't
directly
correspond to the values used in physics but have to be calculated
from them.
If I understand the formula above correctly, which I doubt, the
gravity would be
correct by the use of (0,0,-0.5)...

And the Ray-Car demo is new to me. Is it defined in some of the demos
submitted with ODE or do I have to download it explicitly?

Thanks again!
Tobias