[ODE] gravitational force / unstable joints

Jon Watte (ODE) hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Sat Jul 28 11:53:54 MST 2007

You're giving too little information.

What is your time step size?

How heavy are your bodies?

Are you using single or double precision?

Joints work just fine fine for me in single precision with reasonably
heavy objects and -9.81 gravity when using 10 millisecond step size
(0.01) and generally SI units. "reasoably heavy objects" means in the
range from 0.1 kilograms to 100 kilograms. If you need significantly
heavier objects, try double precision.

Cheers,

          / h+