[ODE] The pushing of a morphing model

Zanshin gzanshin at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 02:31:43 MST 2007

There are some situations I don't know how to model.

a- A sphere slowly transforms into a cube; as the cube corners form, they
push other objects.

b- A cube has another cube over it. The cube under transforms into an
inscribed sphere and the upper one falls.

c- (hardest) There's an ethereal cube that occupies no space. It gradually
turns "real", pushing other objects away from it's center.

Taking problem a: Should I turn the sphere geom to a trimesh that can later
be moved into a cubic position (As I'll do graphically) or there's a more
simple approach that avoids meshes.

Taking problem b, for example, the solution is easy because the sphere is
inscribed, so I can simply create the spheric geom and delete the cube.
However to do this slowly I still can only think of the "transform into
mesh, morph, transform into sphere" solution.

For c I simply have no idea of how to do it.