[ODE] Balancing a bike

James Steele james at whereintheworldisrusty.com
Wed Jan 10 10:31:05 MST 2007

Well no, since I'm using a ray-cast vehicle rather than simulating it as
a series of bodies connected by joints.  Even then, balance isn't
achieved by gyroscopic effects alone (although they DO have an effect,
but only at certain speeds) but instead is more about the combined
mass-center of the rider and bike constantly changing.

An amotor joint has actually achieved the effect I need with very little
effort, other than to work out the angular velocity I want to lean the
bike.