[ODE] Bullet Integration

erwin@erwincoumans.com erwin at erwincoumans.com
Sun Feb 25 10:52:07 MST 2007

Thanks for expressing some interest. It is a matter of priorities indeed,
and there has been very little feedback from the ODE community so far.

There is no real changes needed to ODE. The idea is to add the collision
detection part of Bullet, which provides an alternative to OPCODE and
provides the full collision matrix using GJK.

The main issues to be resolved are proving a ODE-style C interface to
Bullet. Bullet provides all algorithms (compressed aabb tree, sweep and
prune broadphase, and persistent contact point management) and it would be
best to create a 'PersistentSpace'.

It helps if some ODE users (David?) familiarize with the Bullet library, and
have some more discussion about the integration (either on this mailing
list, or on the Bullet physics forum).

Thanks!
Erwin
http://bulletphysics.com