[ODE] Rendering

Gonçalo Lopes goncaloclopes at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 03:35:47 MST 2007

Ogre is to my knowledge one of the more widely used open-source 3D
render engines, and with good reason. Singletons are not exactly a
piece of bad design, if used wisely, and indeed Ogre uses them
expertly to allow for easy data-driven resource loading and
customization of applications.

Build setup is just about what one might expect from an
extraordinarily flexible and complex engine written in C++. If anyone
is interested on easy access to Ogre, they should consider the managed
wrapper Mogre, which brings the full power of the engine to the .NET
framework. LGPL is mostly enough for any project, if you're willing to
go with dynamic linking instead of static (but this is such a huge
discussion topic that I certainly DON'T want to raise here).

For some examples of some simple interaction of Ogre with ODE in the
.NET framework, check out the OdeNet unit tests at:
http://articaserv.ath.cx/OdeNet

Best regards,

Gonçalo