[ODE] XML Formats

chris dragonmagi at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 01:34:29 MST 2007

Hi Dave, on the X3D front there are:

XMSF: Extensible Modeling and Simulation Framework
Distributed interactive simulation (DIS) component
X3D has a physics new physics spec but I don't have a pointer to it -
some browser developers have been implementing it.

X3D and VRML have been pretty widely used for academic and to some
lesser extent for MU so virtual worlds. There are/have been some game
efforts. My guess is the usage has been pretty wide but not much in
the area of games and little that uses physics to date.

cheers,

chris