[ODE] Can new PR joint in ODE0.8 implement planar constraint?

tanglihua821229@sjtu.edu.cn tanglihua821229 at sjtu.edu.cn
Fri Feb 2 07:59:03 MST 2007

Please forgive my poor English.

Few days ago, I post in mail list, asking about planar constraint to prevent tank track from slipping off. Now I have make the effect with 4 planar boards besides two track chains to limit track's one DOF. But new collisions are introduced and the movement is unstable because of these collisions and the tank may change direction gradually though no steering.

When I see the new version ODE0.8, a new joint type PR is defined, so I wonder whether this joint can be used to implement the planar constraint?

Thank you in advance!

                                                                   Tolly