[ODE] Spring organism not moving forward

Jon Watte (ODE) hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Wed Aug 29 13:37:08 MST 2007

Marcel Krcah wrote:
> A problem appeared when I made 'legs' with these muscles and let the
> organism move. Eventhough it makes correct movements the whole
> organism remains at the same place. For better understanding I placed
> a video of the organism on the web. You can find it here:

Do you have a ground plane? Do the legs make contacts with the ground
plane? Does the contact exert enough force?

You should add a line to the screen for each contact that you're
creating (easy, because each contact gives you position and normal). You
might want to scale it by force, if you're using joint feedback mode.

Also, the "mu" field of the contact is a force limiter, unless you use
the extended contact method (look at the documentation for the flags field).