[ODE] Simple ODE question.

Szabo Gabor uchimata at t-online.hu
Wed Aug 29 02:50:39 MST 2007

Hi Jeremy,

I'm new to ODE as well, but I'm trying to give you advices, so handle
with reservations ;)
For the turret I would use a separate variable for aiming. You can check
turret angles in every cycle what size of the difference is in the angle
to the body, and apply a mass-and-anglediff-dependent force to
reposition the turret to the aimed angle. So, your gun will always be
positioned, and higher forces make your gun stiff and precise, smaller
forces make it loose. Hope, this helps. I would give it a try :)

Cheers,

  Gabor